Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Second Dimension of Favor

Exodus 4:1-8

Moses pleads with God, explaining to Him that the children of Israel will not believe that God had actually called him. So God asks Moses a question. What is in your hand? The hand symbolizes his ministry, what was in his hand symbolizes his gifts. Lord all I have is this rod; and God told him to throw the rod down. And when Moses submitted his gifts to the word of The Lord the rod became a serpent. God was telling Moses through your gifts the people will know I have called you. But then The Lord goes a step further, he tells Moses to stick his hand into his robe, and when he does his hands turns white, when he does it again his hand is restored. And God tells him if they refuse to believe the first sign, they'll believe this one.

When I examine the Apostolic Pentecostal movement, I recognize the gifting that God has placed on it. The gifts of the spirit are actually promised of God. It doesn't take long for somebody to begin to manifest those gifts in a Holy Ghost atmosphere. Usually once the flow of the spirit takes off, those who possess these gifts will begin to walk in those gifts. It's not unusual, and it's not reserved for ministry. I've witnessed countless saints of God who were used tremendously used in the gifts of the spirit. Most of us at least acknowledge this fact. However, this passage spoke life to me this morning...

As most people, we struggle at times through life. Not marriage difficulties, my wife is my best friend; not church difficulties, I'm blessed to be a part of a great church with great people; and it's not difficulties with my kids, they bring nothing but joy to our life. What I'm talking about is the trying times that appear so small and insignificant in the beginning, but after the process of time it begins to increasingly take its toll on you. Long hours at work, increased hours on church stuff, trying to spend quality time with family and the constant expectation to be everywhere all the time! I know all of us face these dilemmas at one time or another, it's a fact of life. And after those grueling hours have been spent, you wonder at times, do I have anything left? I write this at 5:30 on Sunday morning, as I sit outside Brookshires in Athens. Not by choice but by work obligation. I had the privilege of working this Sunday, only when I am scheduled to work on Sunday I refuse to miss church; because that's my life! So my alarm sounds at 2:30 a.m. to attempt to wake my zombified corpse from its slumber, so i can finish this route before church! Aside from the physical toll this kind of schedule puts on me, the agony of working so hard for so little money, and the frustration of just trying to catch up. I know God is faithful, I know God has even promised me that everything will be ok, but the enemy keeps bombarding my mind with that constant fear of what if its not? This is how Satan works, he comes at you with scripture and with testimonies of others and uses that to question your calling and your relationship with God. Well Josh, if you are so called of God, why hasn't he blessed you like so and so? If you were really anointed, why are you struggling so bad? To the one struggling, these seem like very rational questions! But as I sit here in this empty parking lot waiting for this store to open, I'm surrounded by the sounds of birds chirping in the coolness of morning. And although the sun has yet to arise, activity in this small town has begun. In this parking lot however, it's just me and God! Oh how I love to sit in his presence, and feel the overwhelming sensation of rest and joy! There is no place this morning I'd rather be than right here in this car, in the glory of my God!

Here is where The Lord encouraged me; I recognize the gifts that I have, although there but a few. I know when I stand behind the pulpit, or work the altars of our church that something will begin to work through me, thats the gifts. But that is so generic! I posted earlier about the Mantle of Favor, last night about Standard of Anointing. So why would a generic sign be enough to convince anybody that I'm called to be where I am? Then God revealed to me the second dimension of favor! You see many men and woman operate in the first dimension of favor, and they become content and satisfied operating with gifts! And it's not a bad thing, after all it's a blessing to have gifts submitted to God. But what God revealed to me is something very powerful! You see Moses was a lot like most of us, insecure, intimidated, and his own worst critic. And God wanted to show us a principle through the life of Moses. So he took Moses to the second dimension!

The first dimension of favor deals with you submitting your gifts (what's in your hand) to God. This can deal with talents, money, resources or abilities. When you say God this isn't my talent it's yours, this isn't my money it's yours, it isn't my ability it's yours! God will take that talent and use it for his glory. But there is another dimension of favor. This is what set Moses apart from every other leader in history! God anointed his gift (rod) but then God anointed his hand (ministry)! I know what your thinking, of course his ministry was anointed!! Hold on let me explain before you exit out of this blog. The individual ministry is not the focus of the anointing, the gift is; why? Because the anointing is designed by nature to bless the people not the minister. Gifts are designed to reach the people, the ministry only affects the minister. This is how this works, so where you used to be anointed when you stepping into a ministry role and began to operate in the gifts, now God said I will transfer you to a higher dimension of favor, and your ministry will now be anointed! In other words you will be anointed before you ever even get to church! You'll be anointed in the grocery store, in your home, at work or walking down the street! In the second dimension of favor, God allows the miracles to transfer from the rod to the hand! Now anything you touch, and anywhere you go is anointed!!!

God revealed to me this morning that he is drawing his people to this next dimension of favor! And he said your used to seeing miracles happen to others as a result of your ministry, your used to blessing others with your ministry, but once you get into the next dimension , your miso try will begin to produce miracles in your own life! Your ministry will begin to produce blessings in your own life! Because in the second dimension the miracle always extends from the rod to the hand!!!

Be encouraged friend, your blessing is awaiting you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment